WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Saturday 6 March 2010

Snowdrops

The snowdrops are out in their thousands at Kailzie Gardens right now.  The Gardens are only about a couple of miles out of town, and used to belong to a beautiful house.  Unfortunately the house basically rotted over a period of time, and was demolished in 1962.  Sad!  kailzie house From pictures it was rather lovely with a large porch and conservatories out to the side, etc.  The views to the back would have been wonderful, looking across to the Tweeddale hills, while the front would have overlooked the gardens.  kailzie 039Whether the gardens were as they are now, when the house was still standing, I don’t know, but in this picture you can see the bridge and a tree to the right of the photo that you will also see in the first photo,  though somewhat taller now.. 

kailzie 023 Lady Buchan Hepburn who owns the gardens now has put in a lot of work to make the gardens look wonderful throughout the year – well, maybe not so much in the dreary winter months - but she has planted hundreds of snowdrops over the years and as they naturalise they spread and spread forming carpets of white each year.  Beautiful!   Showing them to the public is the start of the Kailzie year.

kailzie 015They were everywhere, even growing through last year’s un-gathered autumn leaves,

 

 

 

kailzie 026and popping up in the crevices of the roots of trees.

 

 

 

I couldn’t stop taking pictures…..

kailzie 033

Aren’t they just so gorgeous?

 

 

Talk again soon.

No comments: