WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Tuesday 30 March 2010

Drawing with Pastels week 4

On Thursday after another shift at the charity shop it was time for art class again!  I missed last week’s class because I was having my eyes tested, so I was looking forward to seeing what had been tackled.  w.linton,art,stove 014

They had made a start on a sunset picture, and were continuing it this week by adding a reflection in the sea.

 

This is my picture, done in just the one session.  my sunsetSpot the deliberate mistake?  It’s not great, but not bad for a first attempt, eh?

 

Then we had a chance to do something else.  

w.linton,art,stove 015

John had a post card view of a lighthouse which he copied – he’s good at this!!  His choice of colour paper was perfect for a start, and his technique is excellent!

 

w.linton,art,stove 018Beth, our American, had brought a picture from a newspaper.  It was a portrait.  

See what she did with it!  Amazing! 

These two are the stars of the class!

I didn’t have a photo with me, but Hazel gave me a picture of clouds and I had a go at those.  my cloudsOne was fluffy white clouds  and the other rain clouds!  Hmmmm!

Next week is our last for this session, and we all have to take a photo to draw.  Now, what will I try out?  I have a couple of ideas…..

Talk again soon.

No comments: