Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!

Wednesday, 3 March 2010

D-day (Dentist-day)

The day I have been dreading arrived!  Despite going to bed late last night I was awake at about 7.45 ,which for me is early because of course you know I’m a night owl!

However the tooth is gone, and without pain - eventually!  It took 3 loads of anaesthetic again.  I’m sure she didn't believe I could still feel the tooth after two lots, but when she jabbed into the supposedly numbed jaw for the third time and I felt it, she must have realised because I tensed up and squawked!   Anyway, that one did the trick and she managed to get the old roots out with a bit of a struggle but no pain at all for me!  In fact I was surprised when she said she'd done it and to rinse my mouth out!  I was expecting to feel…. no, I’m not going to tell you what I expected to feel!  However, I was still a little shaky afterwards, and she said she'd had to use the anaesthetic with the adrenalin for the last jab!  She tried some other kind for the first two because I had been so shaky afterwards last time – but it wasn’t as bad as last time.  That was awful!

Wouldn't you believe it though!  After driving back into town - the surgery has moved to an industrial park on the outskirts of town - I parked the car, started to walk the few hundred yards home,  and bumped into a male friend  I haven't seen for ages!   Of course he wanted to chat so I had to explain why my mouth looked like I'd had a stroke  and I couldn’t speak properly.  Anyway we had a long chat before he had to get back to work, but then I  got home and David phoned, so the explanation again and another conversation,  words getting stuck  and falling over the numb gum! 

The anaesthetic has worn off  now.  I can talk again but feel more than just a  tinge of discomfort!  My jaw aches terribly.  Where are the pain killers?

Talk again soon.


Jill B (jilleebee) said...

You are a very brave lady! I have a major fear of dentistry. Hope you feel better soon x

Mary said...


Polly said...

I have a surprise for you on my blog!!