WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 20 December 2010

Thursday again

cuddy meets tweed In the afternoon I had to go up to the health surgery for a check up at the diabetic clinic.  So I took the riverside walk again – honestly, you’ll know that walk as well as I do soon. hungry ducks

 

At the point where the Cuddy meets Tweed the ducks were again hopeful of some food, so came running towards me.  Sorry, ducks!walker by tweed

front of hay lodge

   

This is the front of Hay Lodge, now joined to the modern health centre.  I’d rather like to see inside the old house, but it’s not  accessible to the general public as a rule.  (Wonder if I could persuade someone to allow me a sneak look through the front door sometime?)

Anyway, blood taken; blood pressure and weight checked – oops (to the weight check);  feet prodded for pulses and reaction and it was time to come home again.  reflections on tweedBack along the riverside again  with some more photos taken.  It wasn’t yet 4.00 but the moon was already shining through the treesI see the moon

 

 

Not quite full moon yet!  (It is now, as I write)

tweed bridge

Heading down towards the bridge again – right – and just at the cauld I caught sight of a heron – the “presbyterian minister in his long grey coat”

heron3

   in the words of the poet Kenneth C Steven - heron

 

which I watched until he took off, skimming across the top of the water to look for a perch on the river island.the flight of the heron2

above bridge

 

 

 

 

If I was to go along this way tomorrow, I think I would find all these grasses quite iced up.  There has been no let up in the weather.  In fact it has just got colder and we’ve had another couple of inches of snow.through the arch

I always like the view of this arch of the bridge.  Depending on the weather and the time of year you can either walk through it or you can’t!  After the high water from last weekend’s thaw, at the moment you can’t.  I could have walked through the arch to its left but instead,  took the path up to the bridge, crossed it and came round the corner to the High Street again.  Not yet dark the Christmas lights were on and the street looked quite festive.christmas lights clock the christmas lights

I decided to call the photo on the right - “Clock the lights!”  In case you didn’t get that, to clock something means to take a look at it … and there’s the church clock just behind the lights!  Probably teaching grandmother to suck eggs here!

Talk again soon.

No comments: