WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 16 February 2009

Books today

I've sold a book on Amazon!!! OK! Big deal! Well it is for me! With the help and advice from Michelle at work, I put up a load of books for sale. I didn't think the prices were unreasonable but three months went by........ nothing, nada, niente, zilch! I reviewed the prices and put them up for another couple of months - which must be up soon - and at long last.... my very first sale!!! So now I am off to the Post Office to send it down to London. Probably the postage will outweigh any sale money but I might be left with a few coppers! Is it really worth it? I think I'll give the rest to Peter (see Peebles for Pleasure, my other blog!) for his Peace Group book sale in March!
OK! Off to the P.O.
ppppppppppppppppppp

And I'm back! The bleep bleep Post Office is closed for refurbishments! Not open again till Thursday! My first sale and I can't keep to the time schedule for posting it! As Victor Meldrew would have said, "I don't beleeeeeeeeeve it!" Anyway I have emailed the buyer to explain the situation, so we'll see whether she's prepared to wait or whether she wants reimbursed!

Talking of books, did I tell you about the book I left at a Peebles bistro in the hopes that someone might pick it up and take it home ? No I don't believe I did!
So!
One day in the Co-op somebody left a book of the poems of Robert Burns lying on a shelf. It had a label on it to say it wasn't lost but on a journey. The person who had left it hoped someone else would take it home and maybe read it then leave it somewhere else! So I took it home with me, looked up the website it gave (Bookcrossing) with a book number, and I was able to register the find. Then the other day I took it out with me to lunch with Linda, and surreptitiously planted it on a chair at the next table! That would have been that if one of the sharp-eyed waitresses had not spotted it as we were leaving. "Is this yours?" So I had to explain the story, and they decided to play along.

Well, the one of the girls was in the shop the other night and told me someone did pick it up and asked if she could have it! I'm hoping to hear on the website just where it has gone! I'll let you know!

So to finish off for today - a photo! Not of books, but of Cosmos and Jinty, a couple of weeks ago! They are getting bigger - not a lot - but they are definitely filling out! Aren't they just gorgeous?

Talk again soon.

No comments: