WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 20 October 2008

What now?

Well, I seem to have come to a halt! No more travels to write about for now!

Work is OK. Still enjoying it! Our store is to get a refit sometime next month so we are looking forward to that, though we will need to recruit some new staff. That could be interesting! I should do a few "before" photos, then when we are all new and shiny take some more!

So! I can get back to scrapbooking again now! Last night I played with the photo of the chic Frenchwoman you saw in my last blog - and came up with this layout.

I'm rather pleased with it! I loved the colours she was wearing. The dull orange t-shirt - she was wearing boots the same colour - with khaki tiered cotton skirt, and khaki cardigan wrap. The sunspecs. the newspaper and - I hate to say it - the cigarette, all combined to make her look very French and chic! I'll have to choose some more of my best shots for more French layouts. Any that you think might be good ones to use? Let me know and I'll see what I can do! Or what about the Kiwi and Aussie pics? You can go into COMMENTS at the bottom of this entry and make your suggestions.

It's a stormy old day today! The autumn leaves are flying fast and furious. At the moment the sun is shining but the sky is still grey and horizontal rain will likely follow! A wee while ago there was a group of kids outside on the Green running relay races. Why there, I have no idea as there are plenty of green spaces nearer the schools. Today is their first day back after the autumn week off. Curiouser and curiouser (said Alice!), they were actually out in their lunch hour! How strange is that?

What made me think about school holidays was that an email just came through from my sister who would normally be at work just now. Edinburgh schools get their week's holiday after the Border schools! So this is what Jean sent me! She's quite into her photography and has a far better camera than I have! I just point and shoot, but she has all the buttons and dials to operate!


She says this is her tame robin who dodges around her feet when she's gardening. What a lovely photo. She's entered it in a competition at her camera club, so I hope it does well for her!

So! Tomorrow is my day off and as I don't have to be at work till 6p.m. on Wednesday I have decided to go visiting in Inverness! Janet and I have been friends since schooldays, and she lives in Inverness with hubby Ray, and Pickly Pussycat (Pickles). Haven't seen her for a few months so I am doing an overnighter with them! Hopefully we'll go out and have a nice meal and a glass of vino, and talk the evening away! She'll be at work during the day though, so I also hope to catch up with one or two - hopefully both - of the Doune, Knoydart, lacemaking ladies, Joan and Sheila! Joan lives in nearby Cawdor (do you know your Macbeth?), while Sheila used to live there but now lives in Inverness. If I leave here about 9a.m, I can be in Inverness by 1p.m. - ish! There we are now. I'll blog some more towards the end of the week, so......

...talk again soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Enjoy that trip to Inverness & great robin photo.