WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 13 October 2008

What a day!

I'm not getting anywhere fast right now! My PC is rapidly running out of memory so I have been trying to download photos onto CDs, only now, as it sometimes does for some peculiar reason, it is not recognising the existence of a CD drive! I had to log off, switch off and start all over again, but at last it is acknowledging the CD drive, and I've done it! Hooray!

So, last full day en France, and it was a full day too! We did soooooooo much! Setting off from Hiesse we passed through Alloue with a short stop to look into l'Eglise Notre Dame, and guess what? I put the saint in the wrong church yesterday! The statue of (presumably) Joseph with the Christ child, and the lace edged altar cloth was in Alloue church which was presumably why I couldn't find the photo last time!







On to Nanteuil-en-Vallée then, by way of a lovely arboretum where the autumn colours were beginning to show. We walked by some beautiful houses and gardens, including a vegetable garden where tomatoes were still ripening and some large pumpkins were shining in the sun. I've only ever seen pumpkins growing in photos before this!
There was a church with a tower dominating the scene in Nanteuil - very photographable, so I photographed it....
from here....





and here....








......and here!



a humming bird moth is hovering on the geraniums
Basically we spent our time there just wandering, exploring the nooks and crannies, looking at shops, houses and gardens - finding odd little gems, such as this miniature castle on someone's driveway and the moth on the geraniums! A path by the mill stream allowed me the chance to photograph Ian, before our thirst drove us towards l'Auberge de l'Argentor, a cafe bar, where we enjoyed a glass of wine and the bustle of a popular restaurant. There was much kissing on both cheeks and handshaking going on as people came and went. One man joining a group of birthday celebrators must have realised we were visitors and shook hands with us too and passed the time of day! "ça va?" "Oui. bien, merci!" It was nice to feel included!

Our next stop was the town of Verteuil-en-Vallée! I could be here all day showing you photos from here! It has THE most spectacular chateau that dominates the town. Wherever you look there seems to be a glimpse of some aspect of it. I think I will have to split this day into two sections! So here are a couple of little pics to whet your appetite and next time I'll show you the rest of the Verteuil photos!
Talk again soon.










1 comment:

Mary said...

I just love how your photos are placed on the screen. Interesting.