WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Thursday 30 October 2008

Photos

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
Disaster again!
No, I haven't lost the mobile again, but it's not working! It was OK yesterday when I put it on to charge, and today it's not working! It switches on, then blinks a few times and switches off again! I'm bereft once more!

Jean has sent me another of her Camera Club competition photos! Don't know whose Jag it was! She got best marks for the robin sitting on a twig, but not much less for the jaguar and Bob Scratchit. She did well, I think! Now she's planning her next entries. The theme is of their own choice and she says she will enter some seabird pics she took recently. She says she is giving the collection the title of The Darling Birds of May - as they were taken on the Isle of May out in the Firth of Forth! If that title sounds obscure to you, it is a parody of The Darling Buds of May, a popular TV series of the 1990s, based on novels by H.E. Bates. It was the series that launched Catherine Zeta Jones on the world screen. The title, by the way is a quote from one of William Shakespeare's sonnets.

Well! That external drive I ordered the day before yesterday from Amazon? It arrived this morning - 60Gb. Am I going to fill that up or what? Yes, is the correct answer! I am going to save all my scrapbooking stuff on it At the price it was I should get another one just for my photographs! So that's today's fun element - transferring stuff over to the new drive! It will probably take a while, but I'll enjoy myself doing it! I can't believe the size of it (I'm a technology dinosaur)! It's so small!

Anyway, I think that's it for today! Got to get to work - on those files!
Talk again soon!

No comments: