WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 8 June 2008

Hi!

Hi! I've been getting some comments from your emails saying you are looking forward to the next episode and when am I blogging again. How nice that you are enjoying this trip again through the photos. I am certainly enjoying it, reliving the memories as I go! I still have lots of photos to go through and transfer to the computer, which is getting old and slow, playing up from time to time, which is one of the reasons why I haven't blogged for a while! The garden has been getting a bit of attention too. I'll continue the pics of NZ soon, I promise.

Meanwhile.....

I must tell you that I visited my sister Jean the other day. She lives about an hour away by car, in East Lothian. On the day I left for Oz way back in April she had an operation on a big toe that had been paining her for some time. At first the idea had been to fuse two bones together, but later it was decided that a hinge would allow a bit of flexibility, so a hinge it was! She has been off work since then and is only just gettting back on her feet again now. She still has no movement in the toe and will be getting physio, but with only three weeks to go before the school year finishes she is determined to go back to work next week. If you know Jean PLEASE will you phone her or email her and tell her she'll be daft to go back so soon! She wants to be back for the end of term as the nursery she works in is moving to a new building and she is the only one of the staff moving to the new premises. She wants to be able to pack up stuff for the move - but Jean, just think of your limited mobility; just think of the boisterous nursery kids who will be all over you - and your feet, no doubt; just think what it will feel like if you drop something on your foot while packing. Can you even be on your feet all day just yet? Could you kneel down for any length of time to pack boxes? I don't think so! PLEASE change your mind about going back this term!

Jean with a piece of Hardanger embroidery that she has been working on while she's been off her feet


After my visit with Jean I continued down to the coast to visit my friend Jean, Edwina's sister and the Jean who lost her husband Cyril about two and a half months ago. We had a good afternoon and evening together, talking about this and that; drinking cups of tea; looking at the garden and going out for something to eat at a local hotel at teatime.

Jean's younger daughter has been going with a lad whose parents live in Peebles, and just recently the two of them moved in together. Good luck, Sue and Bob!

Well, I'm going to finish here for today. The computer is driving me mad. Hope it will behave better tomorrow so I can get on with the NZ pics!

Talk again soon.

No comments: