WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 15 June 2008

Beltane and off to Punakaiki

Well, after the disppointing show of pictures in yesterday's blog - yes I know it was dated Friday - I have edited lots more pics and they are ready for showing off! Mary, you are so right when you say I'll enjoy these for years to come! I say Viva the digital camera and long life to the internet! So I should really have been doing housework, but playing with the photos is much more appealing, and I do have to edit and label them before I forget, haven't I?



By the way, today was the start of our local festival, the Beltane, an ancient tradition that has evolved over the years into the ceremonial the Riding of the Marches, and the crowning of the Beltane Queen! Today there was a procession of all the local dignitaries, representatives from other Border festivals, various organisations in the town, etc. along the High Street to an old ruined monastery tucked away in amongst a residential area of the town. All that is left is the church tower and a few bits of walls, but that's where they have a special service to begin the weeklong festivities. I'll explain more as we go along through the week! Chances are I won't see much of what goes on as it is generally in the evenings - it's not a public holiday - and I work evenings through the week!
So on with the tour which this time goes from Lake Matheson near Fox Glacier up the west coast through one of the old goldfields and on up to Pancake Rocks! I have loads of pictures there!

ffffffffffffffffffff
DRAT! Here I am, ready with all these photos and I can't upload them! Is it my computer or the website? I just dunno! After three attempts and failures I am not staying up any longer to see if I can get it to work! I'm off to bed, and the photos will have to wait until tomorrow now. Sorry about that! What a pain!!!

Talk again soon.

No comments: