WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 5 April 2010

Another day out

Well, the river has burst its banks again, and little wonder when you see the amount of snow still  melting along the roadsides, fields and hills.  west linton road

This was the road into West Linton the other day.  They’d had far more snow than we did in Peebles.

I collected the new part for my fire from the shop, then Morag and I had a wander round the village.  west linton It’s an interesting place with a twisty main street and lots of little nooks and crannies, while right in the centre is the old well with ornamental clock tower and statue of Lady Gifford, an early benefactress of the village.

 

west linton side street

This is one of the little side streets with its old houses standing unordered, some with small gardens, some with front doors opening directly to the road.

 

west linton church

Right at the bottom of the village is St Andrews church with its impressive war memorial.  The nearby old tollhouse tearoom was unfortunately still closed – for refurbishment – so we decided to continue along the road to the Organic Farm Shop where we had the most delicious lemon drizzle cake – really moist and tangy  - and a pot of tea, in their very new tearoom.

whitmuir There’s not only the organic shop and cafe, but a gallery too.  I have to say I was pretty horrified at some of the prices!  Call me an art philistine, but I just don’t get it!  Paintings costing hundreds, that I feel could have been painted by kids!  There was one in particular ……… 

wind turbines from shiplaw Anyway to get home we drove over the hill, stopping to take pictures of the wind turbines in the distance, and the reminder that despite the snow, spring is just around the corner.shiplaw lambs

Talk again soon.

No comments: