WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 20 January 2008

The weather was quite mild today - a day for the garden. Well, so thought my new neighbours who were out in theirs, digging and replanting. ( I think they are planning to extend the house and are taking out plants at the house end of the garden to put in the lower end.) They've already done a vast amount of cutting back an extremely overgrown ivy, to reclaim about ten feet of garden!

I never got round to "tidying up" my garden in the autumn, and half thought of going out there this afternoon after work, but when the time came, I preferred the idea of going to sleep on the sofa! (I'm not an early bird and on Sundays getting up at 6.00 a.m. to start work at 7.00 does not come easily.) However, I am sure the snowdrops and then the daffodils will pop up as usual, and the shrubs will bud and flower, and I will have as pretty a show as I did last year.








This is one of my earlier layouts, the blackbird and the feverfew, also in my garden. You can click on the pictures to get a larger view, by the way. I liked this one a lot. At the time it was the "fashion" to have plenty of "white space" surrounding a photo, and strips of coloured papers backing it!, Yes, fashions come and go in scrapbooking too!










Here's another in the same vein! My bluebells!


The garden is full of them

No comments: