WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Thursday 24 January 2008

Hi! Got a phone call from my dear friend Chris! He didn't exactly wake me up.......
No, Chris, you didn't! Really! Anyway he was phoning to ask me for words of a song, or rather a medley of songs, referred to as the Epsom Salts Medley. It started with the old song We shall not be moved! (Think about it! Epsom Salts ... not be moved?) I couldn't help with the songs that followed that! No idea! It didn't mean anything to me at all! You see Chris and I used to sing, together with Ian, in a folk group about 30+ years ago! We had a wide range of songs from contemporary pop - in our own wee way - to traditional folk! Chris wasn't much into the trad folk! 'Ye Jacobites by name' used to fill him with horror and dread!!!! So imagine my surprise when he told me he'd be singing that in his repertoire for a Burns Supper!

This is one of my early scrapbooking attempts. Us! Contrast, by name! We had several 'gigs' in the lifespan of the group, from Callander to Gorebridge! The one regular gig was actually and ironically at the Burns Club in Gorebridge where we were immensely popular, and where our introduction was always "CHRIS..... EVELYN...... AND IAN.......... ARE......... 'CONTRAST' "!!!!!!!! Get me with that tambourine!



Ian and I have kept in touch over the years - with a card and a little news every Christmas - but it was only in the last few years that Chris and I got back in touch, and as we live nearer each other than either of us do to Ian, we get together once in a while. We had hoped to meet up with Ian last year, but didn't manage it, so this year we are planning early! I haven't seen Ian since about 1980.



Chris's Epsom Salts Medley has been bothering me all day! I just can't remember us singing that at all!



Oh well!



I have to show you some more early scrapbook pages! Chris and his wife Mary are real catophiles, and have three gorgeous pussy cats, called Eric, Ernie and Donald! Here are the layouts I did of each of them! Aren't they just gorgeous?
Talk more soon. Take care.







No comments: