WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Friday 23 March 2012

St Patrick’s Day!

Our day began with porridge and an Irish cooked breakfast!  Homemade soda bread also went down well with our cups of tea or coffee.  Then we were off on our St Patrick’s Day adventures.  We had a drive out on the coach in the morning, but no-one really knew where we were going or what we were seeing.  It turned out that there was supposed to have been a local guide, but he had got left behind! No-one knew he had to be picked up!!! near the bloody forelandHowever we saw some beautiful scenery around The Bloody Foreland,near the bloody foreland2 

magheroarty and muckish

 

 magheroarty and muckish2

 

magheroarty donkey

 

magheroarty dionkey3

met a rare (these days) Irish donkey who enjoyed having its ears tickled, 

tricolour above magheroartyhad a walk on Magheroarty beach, looking out to the islands, magheroarty to inishbofin

gweedore 237

and returned to base via the foot of Errigal mountain,  errigal3

 

 

 

and past The Church of the Sacred Heart beside Dunlewy Loughdunlewey church .

Errigal is visible for miles and is very photogenic.dunlewy lough and errigal Further down

the lough we stopped at a hotel for a sandwich lunch where I took this last photo.

The afternoon was to be taken up with the St Patrick’s Day Parade back at Bunbeg…..  and that must wait till next time!

Talk again soon.

No comments: