WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Tuesday 17 January 2012

after the frost

Just a quick entry today as I have lots to go and get on with in the way of,.. I can hardly bring myself to say the word…. housework!  I saw a card once that summed up my feelings on the subject.  It said, “I hate housework.  You make the beds.  You do the dusting…. and six months later you have to do it all again!”

I just wanted to show you a couple of photos,

one taken yesterday ……… and the other today!calendar prims                    thawed primroses

 

How does something as delicate as a little primula survive that hard frost!

I really thought it was going to be even thicker frost today, but sometime early this morning the temperature went up and by lunch time, even my garden had lost its frost cover!  The ice in the pond has melted and the stones are clear of their “furry coats” too .stones1  stones square

 

 

 

 

 

 

aftter frost Now these I didn’t even bother to take a photo of yesterday, but you’d never know they were an eighth of an inch/2.5mm deep in frost when you see how lovely they look today!!

The council guys were out cutting bits of branches off the trees on the Green this afternoon!  I’m really not sure what they actually achieved – just a few twigs gone!  beforeIt wasn’t as if they would have taken anybody’s eye out.  duringThey were well above even his head!after

 

There were three of them though!  One to cut the branches; one to pick up the branches and put them in the back of the truck, and one to drive the truck!   Oh well. keeps them out of mischief.

Talk again soon.

2 comments:

Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post said...

Beautiful Evee! I love the first one with the frost on it. And I know what you mean about housework:(

Evelyn/Ev/Evee said...

Thanks Peggy, the poor wee primula has now been wrecked... by rain! Not getting on tremendously well with the housework. I'm a dyed in the wool hoarder and fnd it very hard to throw stuff out! I have too much junk so some of it has to go!