WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 8 May 2011

One thing leads to another

Catherine contacted me recently.  She had found my blog while searching online for a camera club locally.  I replied to her email telling her about the Tweeddale Photographic group – oh, Stuart, if only you could have called it the Camera Club or something shorter!!  From now on it will be the TPG.  We exchanged a few emails.  Catherine hadn’t been in the area long and was having a housewarming party on Saturday – yesterday – would I like to go along?  Which was how I found myself blethering with some of her friends in her amazing kitchen – one whole wall a glass door open to the garden, where the bbq was alight and cooking burgers, kebabs and things under the tender administrations of her partner Fraser!

Now how on earth did Anthea and I get round to the subject of scrapbooking?  I know she mentioned it first,  saying that she was a scrapbooker, and I replied saying I was too but digitally.   (Yes, we were talking about blogging first of all! )  Anthea does the whole messy thing, with paper and glue, scissors, pattern punches, stamps, bits of ribbon, lace, buttons…… me?  Well I can’t afford to get into a bigger muddle than I already am at home though the scrapbooking thing certainly appealed to me, so when I discovered digital scrapbooking that seemed the perfect way forward for me!   I didn’t need loads of paper, glue, scissors, pattern punches, stamps, bits of ribbon, lace, buttons….. it was all there on the internet, like this kit below.  You can arrange any or all of the items into a layout – LO – adding photos – or not, as you please.  I used this one recently for a birthday card for Eunice in New Zealand.  07_K_RedThreads Slowly I got started and found various websites that sold kits of papers and embellishments quite cheaply, and some were even free!  

Most of the websites had online communities, who posted their pages online for approval and helpful suggestions from other members.  I joined one and started posting. Since then, I have joined another smaller one and  have made friends all over the world.  So basically this entry is for Anthea -  and to show off some of the LOs I have done over the years!  You can find Anthea’s website  here.  She’s into card making too.

'Contrast' 479x479

This is one of my earliest LOs, using the most elementary of graphic software, which I still use with great pleasure.  Chris, Ian and I sang together in the early 70s, and at one regular gig this is how we were introduced!

Eric 479x479

 

Being a big cat fan, I like to do LOs of the cats I know.  These three actually belong to Chris in the above photo, and his wife Mary.Donald

 

 

Ernie 479x479 

 

 

G&I 479x479

 

 

 

This is one of my family history series.  The photo is of four generations of my family.  The old fella in the centre, my great great great grandfather, was born in 1784 and lived till he was 92.  My grandfather is one of the two little boys – the older one.  I am lucky to have pictures of most of the direct ancestors back to the great great greats!  Here’s  another LO.  GGgf James Inglis 479x479Great great grandfather Inglis is disrespectfully known as Spike within the family due to a resemblance, we think, to the late great Spike Milligan. Inglis family 1845 479x479

 

 

 

This is my LO of his family, Grace his widow, and six of his eight children.  One went to Australia, one to NZ, and another to India. Three stayed at home, including great grandfather.  The youngest daughter died at 18 years of age. 

 Inglis tree 479x479I put all the ancestral LOs into a family tree and had it printed out and framed for my wall!   I’m quite proud of it!

 

Conor

 

 

Then I have done some LOs of friends’s children, including little Conor from Galway and his sister Jessica.Jessica

and Ella their cousin. Ella Bella

 

 

 

 

plums pending 479x479

 

I like this one – well,  I like all my LOs - of a  plum blossom photo! 

In my opinion the simpler the page the better it shows off the photo.  I have tried the cluttered effect but I keep coming back to the simple LO – strange, as in life I am a very cluttered person! Copper Harbour1

A last one for now, made for my American friend Peggy, who sent me the photo and some words about what it means to her.

I wish I had time to do a lot more scrapping LOs.  I certainly have enough photos to choose from to embellish!

Talk again soon.

No comments: