WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 27 June 2010

Playing Catch-up

Well, it has been an action packed few days since Eunice and Keith arrived, and we have had a wonderful time together.   Their son Ken arrived to join them last Sunday too.   queensferry north forth bridge harbour light tower queensferry north eke2We’ve been to

 

 

 

 

Queensferry, over the Forth to North Queensferry (left) culross mercat squareand

 

Culross, the 15/16th century village once a thriving coal mining village, and now restored as a visitor attraction as well as living village, culross nunnery

 

culross studio

 

 

 

culross tron and palace

and when Ken arrived we drove down to North Berwick one day, via the picturesque villages of nb drem Drem and nb dirleton kirk Dirleton

 

 

 

 

to visit the seabird centre where we could see on CCTV nb gannets on the Bass the gannet colony out on the Bass Rock – the largest gannet colony in the world  -  nb Bass Rock over golf course

 

 

 

 

nb puffinand watch video footage of the various  other seabirds to be found around the rock, like this puffin.

 

 

nb suttons

Coming from winter in New Zealand Eunice, Keith and Ken were enjoying the summer weather here, and so was I!   We don’t get enough of it normally, these days!

 

Talk again soon.

No comments: