WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 7 September 2008

The world game and a lost hamster!

I lost my hamster tonight!
She had been out playing with me when the telephone rang so I hurriedly put her back in her 3-storey house and pushed the door to, meaning to shut it properly after the phone call. But I forgot to shut it properly and went out for the evening!
She had by that time retired to bed, but while I was out she must have got up again - as she does - found that her door was not tightly shut, and to cut the story short, got out!

When I got home just after 11pm. I expected she would be awake so as I came into the living room and put on the light, looked over to say hello - as I do! An little open door greeted me and no Moosie! (That's what I call her though her official name is Priscilla!) She could be anywhere! When she goes zorbing in her big plastic ball she usually comes rolling into sight when she is called, but going round the house calling Moosie! Moosie! softly, there was no sign of her! I hoped she might emerge from under some piece of furniture or from behind a box, of which there are several all over the place, so tried to stay very quiet to see if I could hear her moving! I was worried that she may have gone into the bathroom and got into the one corner where she could have got under the floorboards.

Search and isolate! I thought. I gave up with the bathroom as, if she had popped down under the floor boards there was little chance of me being able to do anything to retrieve her! I shut the bathroom door behind me, I had heard nothing in the living room, so headed for my bedroom next. Sitting quietly on my bed - filing my nails actually - I was suddenly aware of a rustling in a corner piled high with boxes and odd bits and pieces that I really don't need, but think might just come in handy some day. Carefully I cleared a space, and listened again! From the side of one of the cardboard boxes, a wee nose with whiskers attached suddenly appeared! Hooray, I've got her - but although I put my hand down in front of her, hoping she'd climb on, she put her front paws on my hand, sniffed at my fingers, then backed off and scuttled off behind the wardobe. I won't write down what I said then! I put the stuff I'd cleared back in the corner and listened again, calling her name all the while! I hope my neighbour downstairs didn't hear! She's paranoid about rodents!

Yes! More rustling from the opposite corner of the room! More clearing, and I saw her scuttle off again. Another sweery word! But just then she reappeared right at my feet! I got one hand on either side of her and gently moved them to scoop her up! Slowlee slowlee catchee hamster! Whew! She's now back in her house, the doors firmly shut! Thank goodness! I had visions of getting no sleep tonight - up at 6 a.m. work at 7! What if I couldn't find her? After work I am driving through to Glasgow for a couple of days to meet Celeste and Tina from Oz. What would I do if Moosie wasn't back in her cage by then! However, all's well that end's well, and Madam is having a good feed now - well, it's all going into her cheek pouches, no doubt to be taken to bed in a while!

Tried to upload a picture of Moosie hamster but the pooter is filling up again and hasn't got the will to open an upload picture screen! Oh well, there is a picture way back near the beginning of the year, I think - one of my scrapbooking pages!

So now I can go and catch a few hours kip before I have to be up again! I'll not be here for a few days now, but in the meantime do have a go at the world game - forgot to say it's at the bottom of this page! So scroll down and see how good your geography is!
Talk again soon!

No comments: