WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Tuesday 15 July 2008

A WET day in Adelaide

I really didn't take many touristy photos in Adelaide as the weather was SO dreadful, so here are a few quirky ones instead, showing off what the rain was like mainly. Actually this first one is of a corner of North Adelaide, near to where I was staying, showing the modern and traditional sides of the city.





I walked through the park to reach the main city centre and got soaked in the process! Even sheltering under trees made little difference, though I did take one or two photos while waiting to see if the rain would get any lighter before I made a dash for the next tree!







This is some size of tree and root system. When you click this pic to enlarge it you can see lines against the dark tree trunk. That's not a feature of the bark, but rain! Talk about stair rods!!!





When the trees ran out I took shelter under a small mausoleum in memory of a son of Adelaide "done good", and was amused by the angel alongside, looking as if she's holding up her dripping palm leaf in disgust! She certainly doesn't look like one happy angel!











By the time I reached the river Torrens the paths were running like streams.....







....into the river, as a lone pelican sailed by, oblivious to the weather and the, for now, redundant moored up pedal boats.







I had no alternative but to get wetter as I crossed the Torrens, but then took shelter in the bandstand looking down onto this fountain and the "paper" boats! Last time I stood here was amost 30 years ago, when the river was so low that you could see all the pipes and workings of the fountain! A different story this time!





In the main city centre you appreciate the traffic free malls and the canopies and awnings to walk under. It was actually more interesting looking up rather than at the shops! Sorry but I am not one of life's shoppers!


Then there were the sculptures to look at too.....





I should have taken this hot from the other side, but in the absence of some shelter, I opted for this one taken fom the shelter of a mall stall canopy!

So, I think that's about your lot from soggy old Adelaide! Eunice, it's the wedding pics next!!!
All for now!
Talk again soon!

1 comment:

Mary said...

AMAZING, AMAZING truly AMAZING. What wonderful photographs especially the one of the tree.
Did I say AMAZINGGGGGGGGG.....!!!!!

(LOL) Mary