WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Friday 1 February 2008

White rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits!

Hi! Did you say White rabbits three times this morning? First day of the month - good luck and all that sort of thing! Wonder where that came from? I know I've been saying it since I was a child! Daft I know!
Haven't blogged for a day or two! On Tuesday night I suddenly realised my tax return had to be submitted by Thursday, so spent all day - off and on - on Wednesday trying to find the info I needed to fill it in! I got it done, but not in time to post, so yesterday morning I drove up to Edinburgh - in the snow and howling wind - and handed it in personally!!!! Talk about cutting it fine, skin of the teeth, and all those sort of expressions! Anyway, it's done! THANK GOODNESS!
On the way home I called in at Linda's school and had lunch with her and some of the other staff in the staffroom! I have met quite a few of the staff there over the years, so feel quite at home with them! The drive home wasn't too bad as there wasn't a lot of snow for most of the journey. It just seemed to be when I got near Peebles that it got worse! Anyway, it didn't last! Again it turned to rain and by last night when I finished work it had all but been washed away!
By the way, the dance wasn't on Tuesday night! It's actually tonight! I've managed to get someone to cover 3 hours out of my shift so I can accompany Vina, but I'll have to be like Cinderella and be back at work, but a darn sight earlier than midnight! I have to be back by 9.30 to do the last hour and a half - packing up the day's newspapers, facing up the shelves (bringing all the things on shelves to the front to make it look tidy with less gaps), etc.
Haven't put in a scrapbook page yet! What can I show you today? Well, there's my little hamster picture! Priscilla aka Moosie, has been running around in her three tiered cage behind me here, but at the moment, is chucking food from her dish in all directions for some reason! She's sitting IN her dish, burrowing into the seeds and grains and things, and shoving it out with her nose and feet! So here she is: well she would be if only I could get the page to load! I've not had this problem before! It has all gone very smoothly up till now. I just can't get the browser page to open!




Wow! Did it! Had to close the draft blog and reopen it - and I found out how to do that too! Hurray!
Anyway, here's Priscilla! I just call her Moosie! She's really cute, and so funny. You know how hamsters fill their cheek pouches and then empty them into their sleeping area? Well I hung a treat thing in Moosie's cage for her to nibble on and she demolished the whole thing in one go, put all the seeds and things in her pouches and then proceeded to empty them again - in her dish!!!!!
Well, I've taken so long to get this far that it's time for work!

No more time!
Talk again soon!

No comments: