WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Thursday 14 February 2008

I missed the deadline for blogging yesterday, so am starting this page pretty early - in fact I haven't been to bed yet, so it still feels like Wednesday night! Today, Wednesday, I spent some time at my friend David's, helping him with some computer stuff. He has quite a few properties in the area which he rents out to people and so most of the stuff we did was in connection with the business. We got files and folders sorted out and tidied up, and stored in the right place... and then David cooked lunch which was a pasta dish with mushrooms. He's a good cook!

Because I realised I didn't have too many layouts of the surrounding countryside I took a few photos today - David living a couple of miles out of the town with some stunning scenery round about. I got some good shots which I will make into a scrapbook page later. Have to go and upload the pics from the camera, but I'll be back soon!
LATER. Much later!
Haven't had time to make any scrapbook pages with the photos I took yesterday - it's proper Thursday now - so I am going to show you a few photos on their own today. No doubt I'll get them made into pages soon, but for now, here's David at his front door. He lives in a central terraced house and his is the only painted one - so everyone knows it, and refers to it as the White House! He's done a lot of work to the house since he bought it last year, and it is beautiful!
This is the dining room with the French doors out into the garden!
And now some pictures of the views from his house!
Looking west


Looking east! I love the winter colours. Must take this view again in spring when everything begins to green up! Oh, and one for all you feline-friendly folk, here is Bonnie, David's cat, sitting on the kitchen window sill hoping someone will let her back into the house!.
Bonnie belonged to his mum, but came to stay with David after his mum died. She's a lovely cat, who is relishing the freedom to roam in the countryside after a life in the town. Saying that, she also likes to sleep a lot!
Well time is marching on again. Time to go for today.
Talk again soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love the way your pictures 'meader' down the page. It looks so good.