WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Saturday 22 March 2014

Read Scotland 2014

Scotland badgeNow then, what have I read for Peggy’s challenge since I last wrote about it?  To be honest I haven’t read anything very much at all for a while, Tom Steelhowever I have made a start on Tom Steel’s Life and Death of St Kilda, and am enjoying it very much, learning more about the islanders way of life over the centuries.

Noost

 

 

Before that I read a book I picked up at a Peebles book sale last year.  It is called Noost and was written by Frank Renwick, about the mythical Shetland isle of the title.  There isn’t really a story, though characters from one chapter  appear in others, yet there is a bit of a story or two running through the book.  It was very amusing – a bit silly - though I almost put it aside without reading it at first, as the pages seemed not to have paragraphs, and a whole page with no indentations struck me as very off-putting!!

scottlandI’ve also started reading Stuart Kelly’s book about Walter Scott, the novelist accused of inventing Scotland!  Tell you more anon!

So does that make 8 books read?  I’ve lost count!  I dare say if you wanted to take part in the challenge you could still visit Peggy Ann’s Post and sign yourself up.  You have a choice of how many books you aim to read.

Talk again soon.

No comments: